Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My First Post

So I've been reading other peoples blogs for years now. I check about 12 blogs daily, acutally like 4-5 times a day. I love reading their new posts and finding out whats going on in their lives. I've thought about creating my own blog for ages, and even had a xanga for a while, but with my "busy" life, I decided it would be better if I just read other blogs instead of wasting my time and energy on something I wouldn't update regularly anyways.

So why did I decide to create one now? Two reasons: 1) I need an outlet to let out my frustrations and thoughts, 2) I really need my writing to improve.

I'm going to have to write a few essays soon enough for applications so might as well get practice writing out my feelings. I've followed a few blogs from their infancy and seen how the bloggers writings have become pretty much amazing, so the plan and goal is to do the same. I've never been a great writer, more of a rambler really. And it hasn't been working out too well for me.

So a little about me, I'm a 20-something year old medical school student who is studying to take the first of many board exam. Studying is getting really stressful. Trying to read the same books you've been reading for the last 2 years and doing questions all day really gets to you. You'd think I'd have the books memorized by now wouldn't you? But guess what I don't. And its really coming back to bite me in my rear end. I really hate studying. I know I will be a good doctor, God willing, but the path to get there is really long and hard. Lots of other people fly by making it seem like its so easy, that what the learn is so easy to understand and remember for life. Maybe it is, but for me its not. I just don't study well and whats worse is that I stink at standardized test taking. I mean I SUCK at it. I'm so bad that the people who create standardized tests look out for people like me to pick on and laugh at when they look at our scores.

So, that about sums up what I'm doing right now. ( I should be doing questions but I'm creating this blog instead, go figure. )

I guess I should head back to my questions, and maybe come by and post some more tomorrow.

Until then, thats all folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment