Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Master Cleanse

I've got to lose like 20 lbs to get to where I want to be and exercise/eating right isn't shedding the pounds fast enough. So I've decided to try out this Master Cleanse/Lemonade Diet thing.

You drink 60 oz of this concoction of lemon juice, water, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper after a morning drink of salt water to clean out your colon of the waste.

I was originally going to ease into the cleanse by eating less and less everyday but I decided to just start it. Today was day one.

It wasn't all bad. I was hungry a lot, but I had the lemonade everytime I felt hungry. The pepper did burn my throat a little, but I followed each drink of the lemonade with water so that wasn't too bad either.

So today I didn't lose any weight, people claim to lose 1-2 lbs a day starting day one, but I'm still exactly where I was at. I would think not eating all day would at least show 1 lb loss, but it didn't.

I'll try to do this for 5 days at least, recommended length is 10 days.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment