Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Stress

I used to handle stress pretty well. Granted that the stress that I was used to wasn't all that stressful, but still I handled it really freaking well. The last year or so I haven't been able to handle stress well. I get real moody and bitchy. I'll snap at anything that dares to come in my way. My head starts to hurt nonstop even my eyes start hurting. The worst thing of all though is that my sleep suffers. My entire life, I've been able to leave stress of my bed. When its me and my bed I sleep, I recuperate at night and in the morning the stress just doesn't seem that bad.

Well not anymore. My stress now comes with me into bed. It slides under the covers next to me and snuggles up so close sometimes its hard to breathe. My stress hogs the covers, kicks, and snores! Not me, the stress. A lot of this stress has to do with my school issues, not staying on track basically not keeping up with the Joneses.

A lot also has to do with the fact that my love life is not going according to the time line I had set up in my head either. All my close friends are either married, married with children, or engaged. I feel like I'm last of the dating kind. Even my friends that are younger than me are getting hitched. I makes me feel rushed and frustrated because all I get from my parents is "when are you getting married". Of course they'd like it if I married who they wanted me to marry but thats for another entry all together.

So stress. The thing that causes an increase in cortisol levels, creates havoc inside your body, keeps you up at night, and makes you fat, is here and it seems like its here for good. I've tried meditating, praying, exercising, watching more tv, basically you name it and I've tried it. The day stress decides to go back to where it belongs, I will be a happy woman indeed.

Heres a little picture that shows all the negative effects of stress:


No comments:

Post a Comment